You know me as Dan at TwitSprout. I know you as Matt, David, Chip, Laura, Jamie, and so many more. The truth is, I absolutely love interacting with our growing beta team. We have a manifesto posted here at TwitSprout HQ that reads: Our users will be family. You bring TwitSprout to life and I continue to learn from each and every tweet, live chat, phone call and email. Your recommendations have directly impacted our roadmap on so many occasions - including printing to PDF.
With your help we’ve reached our next milestone: 100 reviews and testimonials. I’m amazed and humbled by the response. One of the most rewarding parts of being an entrepreneur is simply creating something useful. Something that causes people to say, “You just made my job easier.”
The word cloud below was created from the 100+ TwitSprout reviews on Oneforty. This is how you describe TwitSprout.
Product development and customer service are one. We understand the best new features are often inspired by those who use the product. People like you! And who better to speak directly with our users than the CEO himself? I’ve been known to call flash brainstorm sessions after a Live Chat with our users - totally charged by some new idea. Whiteboard marker in hand, we begin to mock up a prototype and schedule work. I’m proud of the team’s focus on ensuring our users have the absolute greatest experience and possible.
It was years ago when I first started using Twitter for personal branding and networking. I remember at that time there were very few tools that effectively tracked account growth. In the beginning, I recorded my Total Follower count daily in a spreadsheet. It’s frustrating that Twitter only stores the current state of these stats without any historical access - you must resort to regularly recording the data with a timestamp. And surely hourly data is better than daily. So I wrote a small program to collect the information. That was just the beginning.
It’s been many months since I designed the first TwitSprout dashboard. I remember my excitement when we reached our first 100 users. It feels so long ago (but it wasn’t). Then this month we were featured by Mashable & CNN for our analysis of Obama’s Twitter Town Hall. Guy Kawasaki even tweeted us out! We were all smiles and high-fives here in the office.
Thank you (everyone) for your awesome support and inspiration.
We are always at your service :)
To your continued growth! Cheers! -Dan and the TwitSprout Team
A few of our favorites
And the reviews continue. Including one of our personal favorites this week:
by David @spark_pc
Compared to the other one-page report and statistic dashboards provided by the hundreds of others, TwitSprout gives you exactly what you want to see, when you want to see it. No need to wait for an e-mail or the weekly reports to come in, you click, share, and receive real-time data. That’s what you wanted in the first place right? If you’re looking for that one-stop solution and are tired of searching around on the Internet, this is for you. Just sign-up, wait for your account to activate, and BAM! You have what you want. -Dave
We just sent out another batch of invites for the TwitSprout beta. Every few days we bring another awesome group of users on board.
We love all the feedback! We ARE listening. Your recommendations are directly driving our feature road map. Our goal is to create the most useful set of Twitter intelligence available - and we need your help. If you haven’t signed up, please use our beta link here: http://bit.ly/JoinBeta
Please continue to leave us feedback on Twitter and at: http://twitsprout.uservoice.com
This is just a small collection of the feedback we are receiving - and a big thank you to everyone on the beta. We’re sorry if your TwitSprout tweet is not featured here, we love you too!
- That’s great! Thanks Nigel @nigellegg
- And that’s exactly what the CSV data is intended for :) Glad to hear it! Thanks Brian @taitbw
- Pure awesomeness! You’re too kind JB! We are in the early stages, which is exciting, because there is so much to come! Thanks so much. Cheers JB @JBCollinet
- Precisely. We aim to deliver clear & meaningful metrics - understood by any Twitter user. How many business owners know the difference between Klout and Clout really? Thanks again Nigel@nigellegg. Awesome feedback. Cheers.
- Yes. We do that! :) Cheers Branden @bkornell
- We’re excited too! And Thank YOU for joining! Thanks to all of our awesome beta users! Cheers to @MapleMusic
- Right on James. Keep growing! Thanks to @jsumner670
- Well that’s good news! We have a few more features to include before a full launch. The official site is in the works now too - hold tight until the New Year. Rest assured, we wake up and go to sleep thinking about Twitter metrics - crazy, I know. Thanks Jonathan@jonathanmfritz
- Thanks Stephen! @stephencanning
- We think so! Nothing too radical yet, but we have a few cards in our hand - yet to be played! Many more features to come… Cheers Ben@BenLaMothe
Thank you everyone! And enjoy the Holiday Season!
To your continued growth! - @TwitSprout